The Eikon Platform offers a great number of apps, clients use on a daily basis. The users can save states of these apps, but there was no centralised place for these items to be organised. Moreover, some users were saving items to favourites, a place not meant for file organisation.
The product of this project ensures all the saved items can be found, grouped, organised, filtered, and shared in an quick and easy manner.
I wanted to ensure I'm designing a solution to a concrete problem, and for this reason I reached out to the customer specialists team, who work closely with the end users to gather their opinions and insight.
Next, I organised, and with the help of the research team conducted, end user interviews to look deeper into their saving, retrieving, and organising habits.
After the collection of the data, I started sketching initial ideas on paper.
Having gone through numerous iterations, the first set of wireframes was produced. They were broken down into areas (image below) and would be developed in the same way. Each area was further analysed with its interactions broken down to the component level.
Once the initial, signed off set of wireframes was complete, the development started. Frequent catchups ensured the agreed wireframes, interactions, and animation would be closely followed and that the produced result was as designed.
With the invaluable help of the research team, we validated the designs we felt confident that met the user's requirements.
I created an interactive prototype in Axure, to test functionality that can't be easily described (like dragging to group, or multi-select) and used the static wireframes for the high level concept.
We took the users' feedback into account and iterated accordingly.
The application is ready to be experienced by our end users.